Don’t Let Your Hands Give Away Your Age!
You take care of yourself and you look and feel youthful… so why give away your age at the first hand shake? Your hands take a lot of abuse so it’s no wonder they are tired and worn out. Let’s think for a moment of all we do to our hands.
Would you ever consider doing this to the skin on your face?
- Wash with any random soap 10 times a day or more
- Not apply moisturizer after washing except maybe once or twice a day
- Allow your skin to touch cleaning fluids and detergents
- Go out in the sun and not apply sun screen
You would never do this to your face, but your hands are another story. They have been the tools which have helped us to get to where we are today. Let’s high five those awesome hands and head to the Medspa to reward them with rejuvenating treatments that turn back the hands of time.
Courtney Kelly, CME a medical esthetician from Tru Glo Medspa has a recommendation she calls the “Hand Rejuvenating Trifecta”, which includes 3 treatments which can be completed within a 2-week time frame.
Step 1: BBL BroadBand Light™
The first step is to erase the signs of aging by treating sun damage, broken capillaries and those dark spots from the backs of your hands. The Forever Young BBL Photofacial is best known for its ability to reverse facial skin damage. Patients on average appear ten years younger than their real age with BBL Photofacials. This same Sciton Laser technology is used on the hands by stimulating collagen to turn off aging while reversing photo damage and hyper pigmentation. BBL BroadBand Light™ will restore the skin on your hands to their natural beauty by smoothing and blending the color to create a vibrant and younger looking appearance.
Step 2: Chemical Peel
The next step is to address the condition of the skin on the back of your hands. A chemical peel will be used to create new tighter skin. Your treatment may range from a superficial to a deep treatment according to the degree of damage. A light peel with remove dead skin and refresh tired looking hands. If the skin on your hands is crepey looking you may want a deep peel to regain a youthful appearance.
Step 3: Injectable Fillers
The final age defying step to Ms. Kelly’s Hand Rejuvenating Trifecta is injectable dermal fillers. You can improve the appearance of your aging hands with fillers like RADIESSE® or Restylane®. As we age our hands lose subcutaneous fat and appear hollow which allows veins and tendons to become more prominent. These hand rejuvenating injectable treatments immediately restore volume loss and create softer and more visually appealing hands.
Continued Hand Care Advice
Now that you have taken steps to rejuvenate your hands you will want to take a different approach when considering continued hand skin care. Here are a few tips from a medical esthetician which only take a few minutes a day.
Courtney Kelly, CME- Hand Care Tips
- Add a small amount of the same products you use to care for and maintain the youthfulness of the skin on your face to the backs of your hands each time you use them.
- Protect your hands from the sun with a waterproof UV defense sunscreen and apply it every day. The sun is a major contributor to skin damage.
- Ask your esthetician to suggest a skin care solution for you based on the condition of the skin on your hands. She may suggest a brightening agent. Powerful skin brightening agents fade the look of accumulated damage and age spots while improving the appearance of texture.
Are you ready to turn back the hands of time? Call Tru Glo Medspa a reputable spa in Naples, Fl. for a free consultation. Their knowledgeable staff looks forward to meeting you and developing your skin rejuvenating plan. So pick up the phone and schedule your consultation today and learn about the many medical spa treatments that Tru Glo Medspa can offer you.